I'm a pixel wrangler since 1991.
Due to a change in my personal circumstances, the projects and donations listed here have been suspended. I hope to be able to reactivate them as soon as my situation allows it again. (17 November 2017)
Over time, I have opened up some ideas and side projects for those who are interested:
- Titulus project: on the 29th of June, 2014, I opened a tilde server: tilde.rocks (limited to 640 people). tilde.rocks is being migrated to a better server (May 2017).
- Geomys project: on the 23rd of March, 2016, I opened a Gopher server: [Port70.ch](gopher://port70.ch) - this being a Gopher link, you will need to use either Lynx or Firefox with the OverbiteFF add-on to be able to visit it. [Port70.ch](gopher://port70.ch) has been migrated to a better server on the 1st of May, 2017.
- Mamont project: on the 10th of April, 2017 (Easter Monday), I opened a Mastodon instance: the Mammouth Café (initially limited to 640 people).
- Gekko project: on the 8th of May, 2017, I put back online a copy of the ancient web page "The Geek Code", which disappeared in 2016 after 20 years of good and loyal services. This posthumous mirror can now be found online at geekcode.xyz, and historical information about the Geek Code, as well as other similar codes having had their heyday in the 90s, will be added in due course.
These projects serve a learning purpose and are for pleasure, for myself as for the people using them, and are not for profit. Their costs consist mainly of the domain names and the fees of the servers on which they run. I can cover that out of my own pocket for now. And since it's a hobby, I can dedicate some of my free time to it.
No person using one of these projects should feel obliged to pay me anything. However, any donation you would like to make to help keep these servers online will be welcome. Your money will be used to cover some or all of the costs, namely (in Swiss francs CHF):
- 3 virtual servers: 3x € 2.99/month = € 8.97/month ≈ CHF 9.85/month
- 3 domain names: CHF 12.65/year + CHF 13.41/year + CHF 45.14/year = CHF 71.20/year ≈ CHF 5.95/month
- In total: ca. CHF 15.80/month = ca. CHF 189.60/year
- Plus a bit of my time.
If you wish to support me, you can make a donation:
- either through this LiberaPay account
- or in Bitcoin (BTC):
- or in Ethereum (ETH):
If your donations were to exceed the current costs, the excess would go in favour of a server based entirely in Switzerland (more expensive). Beyond these additional costs, I will return the balance to other projects or contributors who have allowed me to implement my own ideas.
Please note: I only accept your donations. You don't pay me for this service. Don't act like you do.
Thank you very much for your support!
For your information, I already support the following projects and contributors:
- A one-time donation of $ 20.- made on the 10th of May, 2014
skk bezit de volgende accounts op andere platformen:
met 0 anderen
skk werd 2 jaar geleden lid.